I’m going to be honest here – even after working on this project, I have no clue what Waveguide is.
I started the Mega Industries, LLC website in December 2018, and knew it was going to be a major project. Their old site was static HTML and custom PHP, and we were moving it from that to WordPress AND adding e-commerce. It was a massive undertaking. Especially since it was key to keep their custom PHP quote system functioning on the new site, which meant re-developing it to play friendly with WordPress.
In the end, it took nearly six months from project start until launch. In that time, I:
- Adapted their old PHP quote system to work with WordPress (which involved tens upon tens of hours of custom development)
- Designed and developed a custom Genesis theme for them
- Used ACF to create Gutenberg blocks for their posts and pages
- Set up WooCommerce and created custom options for Woo products and setup
- Oversaw the addition of hundreds of pages of content
- Ensured basic functionality all the way down to IE 9
- Modified, tested, and tweaked my way to a powerhouse of a website
This has been, by far, the biggest, toughest, and most rewarding project I’ve ever worked on. I’m so thrilled that Scott, Kevin, and the rest of the Mega team had me on board for it!